Saturday 12 June 2010

Where the Hell is Matt in South Africa?

Have you been to any of the places in South Africa where Matt has done his lovely Diski dance routine? If so, what are your memories? If you are in South Africa now for the World Cup, which places from the video would you like to visit while you are there? To understand the lingo better, here's a handy list from the Macmillan Dictionary Blog of 40 South Africanisms you should know.



Where the Hell is Matt?
I came across the video above via my twitter stream just now. Thank you AnaMaria from LifeFeast blog! I know I have been living in the wilds of Abruzzo the past couple of years, but I have no idea how I have missed the "Where is Matt?" videos and dance routines. It's the first time I have heard of Matt Harding. I love the dance he does with people all over the world!



Possible lesson idea for speaking practice and Present Perfect review is to get students to predict which places the teacher has been to, hasn't been to, would like to go to and why. Play the video above, do general feedback and then students guess for their partner and give feedback in small groups. Extension activity, students do a search on the Internet for one of the places on the video they haven't been to, but would like to visit. Ask them to do a short presentation to the class/small groups, saying why they would like to visit the place chosen.
How would you exploit any of the Matt videos? I would love to hear your ideas! I really must get out more!! I have only been to 12 of the 42 places on the video, and I would really love to go to ...........which places????

How the Hell did Matt Get People to Dance With Him?

I found this video on Youtube and watched Matt explain how he managed to undertake such a huge project. It looks as if everyone had a lot of fun!!

No comments: