Saturday 11 September 2010

TESOL-Italy: 35th National Convention in Rome, November 2010

I will be presenting a talk in Rome at TESOL-Italy in November this year. I am thrilled that my dream will be coming true! Last year whilst attending the 34th National Convention on "Multiplying Voices", I vowed that I wanted to present this year. You can read my feedback from last year's conference here.


If you are in Rome in November, why don't you come along and join in the fun from 19th-20th November? See the poster below for more information and to register for the event. I can assure you it will be an unforgettable experience! Please press on "Full" for a bigger image.


Below is a flyer of all the guest speakers who will be presenting in Rome. The theme is "Language Flows". Can you spot what my talk is going to be about? I am currently doing research on my chosen subject and I haven't started my Powerpoint presentation yet. I have read about Guy Kawasaki's 10/20/30 Rule of PowerPoint, but I am not sure if only 10 slides will be enough to get my message across! Digitalang blog has an excellent post on this topic here.

David Chrystal will be giviing one of the plenary sessions, an event certainly not to be missed! Here is his latest blog post "on Gonna".

The 2 Slideshare flyers above found via Tesol Italy blog

4 comments:

popps said...

go Janet!
Hey... i've never been to Rome, always wanted to....

Paul Maglione said...

I'll be speaking there too, I really look forward to it. It's the conference where you see the MOST teachers from the public school system, so you really get in touch with what the average Italian learner of English is like. Plus, I grew up in Rome! It's HOME!
Hope to see you all there.

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi popps

Rome is known as "la citta eterna", the "eternal city".

It should definitely be in your top 10 list of places to see at least once in your lifetime.

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Paul

That's fantastic that you will be in Rome as a presenter as well. I look forward to meeting you there.

I had a fabulous time last year at Tesol-Italy and met a lot of Italian state teachers of English and got a very interesting insight into the system here.

Hope to see and meet many more people this year!