Saturday 22 February 2014

Feedback on EVO Crafting the ePerfect Textbook 2014


Sunday February16th marked the final day of the exciting five-week EVO Crafting the ePerfect Textbook session.  It has been a truly exhilarating and educational experience, connecting with over 500 teachers from around the globe.  I was helping the amazing organizer Shelly Terrell to moderate the Crafting the ePerfect eTextbook, together with 14 other moderators as seen in the screenshot below.

This session was a great CPD opportunity for me and I learned so much about how to write and publish a chapter of a textbook.  I was able to meet and interact with so many enthusiastic participants, some I knew already, but a lot of new people, I met for the first time.  The interactions took place mostly on the Google+ EVO Crafting the ePerfect Textbook community.  Google+ was a new experience for me and I have to say I enjoyed learning more about how this site functions. It was the perfect place to host the session and everything was expertly organized by Shelly Terrell into the different weeks of the session.

There is a Listly Ebook EVO bookshelf of all the ebooks / pdfs / publications from the community here 


During the pre-registration week and then the five weeks of the session, I enjoyed meeting and greeting all the participants and seeing how their projects developed from mindmapping of the initial ideas to the final creation of their ebook chapter.  I was able to comment on and encourage the participants within the Google+ community and a lot of interesting resources and links were shared by everyone, moderators and participants alike. It was wonderful to see how everything evolved and how much enthusisam was poured into the session.

Apart from popping in daily to see what was happening in the community, I also added a few images and links to tools, that I thought might be useful.  Below a list of some of the tools I used during the five weeks in no particular order.

Write Comics



Big Huge Labs Magazine cover effect


Haiku Deck 3, 2, 1 Introduction



Created with Haiku Deck, the free presentation app for iPad

Dvolver  



Tagxedo - A list of web 2.0 tools used by participants for their 3,2,1 introductions


Text2mindmap of Week 3 impressions

Fodey newspaper article feedback



A Bookr of my impressions of the session.



I would like to say a huge thanks to everyone for making these five weeks such a wonderful and stimulating experience!   A special thanks to Shelly Terrell the super organizer, Rubena  St Louis our session mentor, all my lovely co-moderators and all the fabulous participants. Congratulations to everyone who completed their ebook chapter!!

Also, included is a huge thanks to the very hardworking EVO Moderators' team led by Nina Liakos.  The four-week Moderator Training session before the actual EVO sessions began, was very interesting and extremely practical.  All in all, the past 10 weeks have flown past!

One of the participants and my dear fellow-blogger Natasa,  has posted feedback of how her ebook chapter evolved during the five weeks.  Many congratulations for her excellent ebook chapter called Travel.

1 comment:

Catherine Carr said...

Janet, kudos on your accomplishment and the awesome Haiku Deck! (We love cats, too!) We'd love your readers to give Haiku Deck a try and send their feedback: http://www.haikudeck.com

Cheers, Catherine Carr, VP of Marketing and Chief Inspiration Officer, Haiku Deck