Which of the following statements apply to your style of teaching? Please DO post a comment if you wish to say what you think :-)
- I usually act a word for the students to guess the meaning
- I'm a budding theatrical diva/divo
- I'm an aspiring poet and I encourage my students to create their own poems
- I always wanted to be a comedian or comedienne so teaching is a nice alternative
- I am always cracking jokes in class
- I usually enter my classroom with a theatrical flourish
- I am prone to using wild gesticulations to emphasize a point
- I often change the tone of my voice to accentuate a particular point
- I sometimes throw in random quotes to grab my students' attention
- I sometimes feign anger when students don't hand in their homework
- I often act out dialogues as examples for my students
- I encourage my students to do role play at every given opportunity
- I love watching Youtube clips of me and my lessons
- I give Oscar-worthy performances when I feel like it
- I can act happy and teach when I am miserable inside
- The show must always go on - that is my personal motto
Probably everyone has a little bit of an acting side in them if it is nurtured properly.
TEACH with passion.
PERFORM with passion.
Teach + perform = PERFECT lesson?