Wednesday 30 December 2009

2009:The Year of Living Technologically

184 days in England, 181 days in Italy. 2009 was a divided one, but there was one common thread throughout: the quest for learning and sharing knowledge. Life was an open book waiting to be read. And read I certainly did!! Expanding my PLN was definitely the highlight of the whole year and I am grateful to everyone within this circle who helped me to develop on a professional and personal level way beyond my initial modest expectations. My universe changed irrevocably and I was thrust into the dazzling, hi-tech 21st century as a direct result of my unique surroundings.

2009: The Year in Technology
This article from Fox News sums up 2009 in terms of an interesting Technology Review.
Jane Hart has written a fantastic and inspirational personal review of 2009.
Shelly Terrell has written a fabulous post called "Resources for Resolutions and Reflections" which as always is packed full of educational delights.
Burcu Akyol's "Professional New Year's Resolutions" are a real inspiration and motivational force to be considered for 2010.
Ozge Karaoglu reflects on "How to Survive in 2010 - digitally!"
The Telegraph: Social Media 2009 Review

2009: Janet's Abruzzo Edublog Highlights
These are my favourite posts of 2009. I had some fun writing them!
January 2009: The Era of IE?
February 2009: The Twitter Phenomenum This post received the most comments in the whole year.
March 2009: Getting Started on the Road to Technology Integration written as a Guest Post by Richard Byrne of Free Technology for Teachers
April 2009: How to Cook Compost- Book Review
May 2009: Abruzzo Review
June 2009: A Storm in a Teacup
July 2009: Wedding Dance goes Viral ( to date over 36 million views!!)
August 2009: Making Hay While the Sun Shines
September 2009: Acronyms
October 2009: A False Positive
November 2009: TESOL-Italy
December 2009: George Clooney- Who Else?

The Future of 2010
Where do I go from January 1st 2010? I don't really know. I will find out.

Will my life change overnight? I very much doubt it.

Will I continue to do my best in whatever I choose to do? Yes, absolutely!

Will I challenge myself enough? I hope so. Nobody else on this planet will do it for me.

Will I continue writing my blog? Yes, I very much want to. It has become an essential part of my life.

Will I strive to incorporate new e-tools wherever practicable? I hope so.

Will I finally unleash the demons preventing me from creating a Power Point Presentation? Yes, I really really want to!!


EVO 2010
Hard to choose which course to follow. I haven't decided yet. I hope to meet some of you there! You do not need to be a TESOL member to participate in a free, six-week, wholly online session of the EVO, Jan 11 -Feb 21, 2010.

Please visit the Announcement Web page to select a course. I thoroughly enjoyed the EVO "Digfolios and Personal Learning Spaces" course in February this year.


Wallwisher
I have created a fun Wallwisher for New Year Resolutions connected to Web 2.0. Please feel free to add your resolution or more by posting a sticky below.



Happy New Year
I wish all my readers a very happy new year. I hope 2010 will bring you peace, happiness, love, good health and good luck. May all your dreams come true!! Once again, thank you for sharing in my adventure as a blogger. I look forward to writing up more posts in 2010.

4 comments:

Eva Büyüksimkeşyan said...

Hi Janet,

I loved the idea of wallwisher very much and added mine there. I hope everything will be gr8 in 2010 and we will be able to read a better written book.
Happy New Year.
Eva Büyüksimkeşyan

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Eva

Thank you for writing on my Wallwisher. It looks like a nice, fun tool.

I wish you all the very best for 2010 and look forward to sharing with you more.

Janet

popps said...

Have i said Happy New Year?

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi popps

Yes, thank you, in your previous mail. I wish you all the best for 2010. May you carry on writing your blog posts in the same way you usually do! I look forward to reading more in this newest of years!

Janet