Friday 16 March 2012

IATEFL Glasgow Online 2012 - Joining in the Fun!!

Comic created with Comic Creator - Boy's Life Magazine

I have just been accepted to be a Glasgow Online Registered Blogger and I am delighted to be taking part!!! I can now add the lovely badge below to my blog sidebar.

The thrill and excitement of attending a conference of the magnitude of IATEFL Glasgow in person, has sadly eluded me this year. I wish with all my heart that I could be there, but not on this occasion. Anyway, I believe attending virtually is going to make up for this in a very big way, and so I can honestly say, that I am looking forward to this great event online. You can find out more information about Glasgow Online from this British Council Iatefl Glasgow promotional file here.

I believe being a Glasgow Online Registered Blogger is really going to help me feel a part of the conference, and make up for my not actually being in Glasgow and it will be fabulous to join the other bloggers and attendees online.

I have joined the Glasgow Online site and the forums are already buzzing with news and views from so many people around the world! You can view the list of presenters and their sessions here.

I have been reading about some of this year's presenters via Adam Simpson's super One Year In the Life of an English Teacher blog posts.

He is one of the Roving Reporters in Glasgow, so you can also read all about the presenters he has interviewed on the IATEFL Glasgow website here .

Why don't you join Glasgow Online yourself, if you can't go there in person? I can assure you, it will be a conference to remember! The chance to share your views with teachers from all over the world via the online forums, and the possibility to watch many videos of sessions being streamed live, will be very exciting.

Glasgow Online

Related Blog Posts on Tips on Giving Presentations, and IATEFL Glasgow Presenters
Sandy Millin, who is giving her first presentation at IATEFL this year, has written a great post about her forthcoming session in a blog post called IATEFL 2012 preparations.
Best of luck, Sandy!!

Ken Wilson has written a fabulous post called IATEFL Glasgow looms - so here's a suggestion about your presentation, which contains lots of useful tips on presenting.

Jeremy Harmer's post on Being naked - is presentation technology really necessary? is very interesting, and sparked lots of comments!

Marisa Constantinides has written a lovely post on #ELTChat Symposium at the IATEFL Conference in Glasgow. I will confess, I am so sorry I will be missing this in person, as I would so love to meet the fabulous #ELTChat moderators, who are ALL going to be together in one place. It will be an amazing experience, and probably a very emotional one, too.

Finally, Sandy Millin has just posted an excellent ELTChat summary on the timely topic of How can we get the most from conferences whether we attend or not.Link
Enjoy yoursleves if you are lucky enough to go to Glasgow, and say hello to the city for me! If like me, you are going to attend online, then we can keep each other company:-)

I look forward to writing more posts about Glasgow Online presentations and news next week. Watch this space!




No comments: