Wednesday 19 November 2008

"All Quiet on the Blogging Front"


Today I realised that I am undergoing a classic beginner's moment of self-doubt. I began with great panache but somehow I seem to have got a bit lost in a dark wood like Dante in the Divine Comedy. Basically, I can't see the wood for the trees.

The photo above taken just a few minutes from where I live is nice and clear - that is how I'd like to feel about what I am doing with blogging. There are so many excellent articles re blogging like for example: http://www.teach42.com/
which has been written to help people exactly like me. However, the great "digital divide" is rearing its ugly head: those who know and can and those who want to know but can't quite get there! You can imagine which side of the dividing line I belong to.

Having taught Beginner level many times during my life, I know that it is easy for some learners to get worried about their progress when it is not fast enough and the classic "me class higher" syndrome is a desire to run before they can walk. Well, I'd be happy with simply "walking" at this particular moment!

Anyway, I will end this rather gloomy posting on a higher and more positive note. I will endeavour to listen to all the kind words of encouragement that I have received and I will not give up quite yet.....

Photo taken by KRB in Abruzzo 2008

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Hi Janet
Your blog looks great! I'll be keeping an eye on it!
Sophie.

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Sophie
Many thanks for your kind comment. I appreciate it.
Keep in touch!
Janet x